Character Animation Services
We breathe life into 2D characters across a wide range of animation styles, from pixel art to vector art, with every press of our digital pens. Our team infuses each animation through animation techniques like squash and stretch, anticipation, follow-through, and overlapping action. From subtle gestures to dynamic actions, you can count on our character animation studio. Mickey Mouse is one of the most iconic and well-animated 2D characters of all time. Despite being a simple, rounded 2D design, Mickey feels very original, flexible, and alive.
Pixune's Character Animation Portfolio
Our Character Animation Workflow
Why Our Character Animation Studio?
We are perfectionists by nature and can’t even deliver a bad character animation even if asked to! An ugly animation annoys our brains more than you 😀
Several times, a client was happy with a piece of art, but we were not, so we designed it again from scratch at our own expense.
We welcome changes and criticism, and we are as flexible as possible when it comes to implementing revisions. However, as professionals, we will express our opinions and provide our advice. Ultimately, the decision-making lies with you.
You will be constantly updated to share your comments, apply any changes to the animation, and ensure we are on the right track. An exclusive account manager will be allotted to your project, who will manage our communications. They respond to messages quickly, are always available, on-call, and ready to jump on a meeting with you, even on weekends.
You may have experienced situations where delegating a project has resulted in both time and cost wastage, with a failed outcome. That’s not the case here. We will take full responsibility to ensure that the desired outcome is achieved once and for all.
Character animation services prices per minute can be found anywhere from $1000 for a 2D character animation to $3000 or more for a 3D one.
The cost of character animation can vary greatly depending on a number of factors, including art style, number and complexity of characters, technical specifications, and time.
You can contact us right now to receive a price estimation of your character animation design today.
Creating a character animation per minute usually takes 1-2 weeks for a 2D character animation to 3-4 weeks for a 3D one.
Multiple factors can affect this time span, such as art style, number, the complexity of characters, quality, budget, etc.
You can contact us right now to get a time estimation for your character animation project today.
There are 4 logical reasons for you to consider outsourcing your character animation:
- Saving Money and Time: If you want to make your own character animation, you are going to need numerous 3D and even 2D artists, such as concept artists, modelers, riggers, animators, art directors, etc. You should know the hassle of the hiring process and all the horrendous amount of time and money you are going to need for that. Character animation studios already have all those resources at their fingertips and can make your animation faster and cheaper.
- Creativity: Have you ever considered that you can outsource creativity, too? There is no need for you to do everything by yourself. Even Apple went after Hovey-Kelley and used their fledgling design firm when they wanted to invent the first computer mouse. Creativity is one of the character animation company’s strong suits, and our artists have nourished their minds; by hiring us, you also hire creativity as well.
- Quality: Practice makes perfect! A character animation company has made numerous character animations and is constantly updating its knowledge of the corresponding industry. They keep up with the trends, watch state-of-the-art animations, use cutting-edge tools, and can make the highest-quality animations, which might cost you and your team more time and budget.
- Scalability: If you want to expand your character animation scale, you should grow your team, too. That is no concerning matter for a character animation studio because they already have enough artists and animators. Even if they don’t have enough artists right away, they have connections and know artists who can hire right away, so they can produce any amount of animation you are going to need.
There are some criteria for picking the best character animation services for your projects:
- Portfolio: A company’s expertise is showcased via its character animation portfolio, and nothing tells better what they are capable of than its past works.
- Reviews: Read their reviews online and see what their past clients think of them. The most honest on-hand thing you can find in any company is its online reviews.
- Communication: First impressions matter – especially when it comes to communication. If they’re slow to respond or just plain rude from the get-go, imagine how it’ll be once they have your money! Trust your gut and work with people who make you feel good.
- Time and Budget Compatibility: After all, you might find the best character animation design studio in the world, but your time schedule and/or money budget do not meet their demands. Find a studio that meets all the previous characteristics as well as your budget and schedule.
- Personality: Good character animation gives a sense of a distinct personality through the motions and acting. Every gesture and expression should reflect who the character is. Imagine if Disney princesses act like Spong Bob and Patrik. As we can see, they have unique personalities and manners, which makes them great.
- Exaggeration: Exaggerating certain motions and poses makes characters more dynamic and attractive. But it must be balanced with subtler, realistic CGI acting as well. In Tom & Jerry, the cat Tom is a great example of applying exaggeration to character animation. It’s also important to know that every character doesn’t need exaggeration, but those with exaggeration are special.
- Creativity: Animators can bring characters to life in endlessly creative ways. Unique, unexpected, and playful animation choices make for memorable characters. Genie in Disney’s Aladdin displays an incredible range of imaginative, over-the-top shapeshifting and acting.
- Story Relevance: The animation should serve and progress the story being told. Each movement and expression should work to advance the narrative or convey information. Can you remember the old man in Up? At first, his expressions are downtrodden and muted. When the adventure started, his expression became more lively and youthful.
We take advantage of software such as Maya, Blender, 3Ds Max, Unity, Unreal Engine, Houdini, and Cinema 4D.
Yes, Pixune Studios is a character design studio providing various design services, and character designing is one of our areas of expertise. You can check our character design services page to see our magic.